At Medistar, we value the important partnership we have with our customers to provide necessary medical devices.
The following actions have been implemented to limit the impact of COVID-19 to our employees, communities, and customers, as we continue to monitor the situation on a day-by-day basis.
- Travel Restrictions: Medistar has implemented business travel restrictions on non-essential activities. Where the delivery of clinical care is dependent on the attendance of one of our staff, we will be present and comply with the COVID-19 guidelines of the facility being visited.
- Meetings: We are already well established to support our customers using electronic applications, video and telephone and continue to explore improved ways of assisting you.
- Supply: We do not anticipate any product supply issues over the coming months, however as the situation is changing day by day, we will advise you of any unforeseen disruption.
- Facilities: Additional cleaning protocols have been implemented throughout our facility including our storeroom and packing areas. All trial products undergo high level disinfection before being shipped to customers and again on return to our warehouse.
- Employees: We have implemented new procedures within our work environment to minimise exposure to COVID-19, as per the Department of Health recommendations and have adopted flexible work arrangements to minimise contact with others.
We are committed to working with our customers as we navigate through these challenging circumstances, and will continue to provide updates as additional information becomes available.
Click here to download the Medistar COVID-19 Fact Sheet.
Send your Order/Purchase Order to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if the order is received by 2pm it will be processed and the stock dispatched the same day – on an overnight service, however some rural areas may take up to 2 days for delivery.
For ordering information on Item reference/description or to speak with the Customer Service Manager, call Medistar on (07) 3842 3142.
Average delivery times are:
- Metro Australia: 1-2 days
- Regional Australia: 2-3 days
- NZ: 3-5 days
Please contact us if your order is urgent.
Medical devices approved by the TGA are restricted for sale to hospitals and health facilities, medical practitioners, allied health professionals and veterinarians.
Ultrasound users should work with their Infection Prevention colleagues to understand the current Australian Guidelines & Standards for reprocessing ultrasound scanners or please refer to ASUM (Australian Society for Ultrasound & Medicine).
The Clarius scanner is not designed to be sterilized, however you are able to perform a High Level Disinfection or Intermediate Level Disinfection using one of the products approved by the manufacturer.
Click here for more information.
Yes, Clarius scanners are classified as eligible equipment when applying for a LSPN.
Please contact your Medicare consultant for information on claiming rebates and eligibility or contact the Department of Human Services.
- Visit the Medicare page on the Department of Human Services website.
- Email the Department of Human Services at email@example.com
- Call the Department of Human Services on 1800 620 589 (toll free Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm AEST)
- To learn more about the Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme, visit the Department of Health Diagnostic imaging under Medicare website.